5 Feb 2008

*cough*

17-Jan-08 to 11-Feb-08 ..... one of the longest sick period that i ever had. Had been having soar throat, cough, flu, cough, soar throat, slight fever.... on and off.... the most sian thing is that I'm home alone when i was most sick as my hubby went to Germany and mom-in-law went China. But those days seems to pass very quickly as I slept most of the time. The medi is really strong (the cough syrup taste so nice! hahaha....). After taking the medi, could hardly do a thing... it just makes ur heart pump really fast and you can see/feel the effect of the medi from the trembling hands as well. Think this time the virus hit me quite hard... and it hit my hubby as well. He fell sick also when he got back.

Other than the fast heart beats and trembling hands, I skipped church once, skipped cell twice, took 1 day leave to rest, see doctor twice, took 2 days MCs on 2 Fridays, finished 3 bottles of cough syrups, finished 2 bottle of chinese cough syrup, took 2 courses of anti-biotics, didn't mop the floor for more than 2 weeks..... no strength to do... hee hee...

Here are somethings i learnt about cough (erm.... some may not be true):

  • if phlegm is yellowish or greenish, it means u are having "heaty" cough.
  • "cold" cough is where phlegm is NOT yellowish or greenish
  • doctor told me to avoid cold stuff... even fruits
  • there are such thing as "night" cough.... cough badly at night
  • don't eat chicken, fish, banana, orange....
  • "productive" cough means cough then produces a lot of phlegm
Some remedies that i heard from ppl (believe at ur own risk):
  • a nurse told me: when ur throat starts to have slight soar, guggle with some Listerine (DO NOT CONSUME) immediately. This will help to kill the germs in throat thus prevent throat soar.
  • warm water/steam soothe the throat; prevents irritation that tends to make u cough
  • when u have a slight soar throat, guggle with some salt water (can consume some). This also helps to kill the germ on the throat and has "cooling" effect.
  • when u having fever, grab some raw green bean, rinse them, put them in a bowl and pour in boiling water, add in a pinch of salt, cover the bowl with a plate, let it soak and cool for 10mins then drink the water. This is an old remedy thats suppose to be very "cooling". Heard this from my mom and also in "Da Chang Jin".
  • Take some honey lemon or honey lime (not suitable for kids under 1 yrs old due to some substance in honey)
What i had learnt/realised...
  • My health is quite poor.... need to excercise and take tonic. Probably need to consult chinese doc also.
  • Realised I'm a noisy person and could hardly keep myself still for long... this period is the longest time i had been quiet and do nothing but rest. I need to slow down a bit, I need to learn to be quiet, especially when it comes to my walk with the Lord.... I need to be still and listen.
  • Realised I get to hear God quiet clearly these days thru His words. Maybe because of the slowing down..
  • My hubby is really sweet... hee hee hee.... thank God!!!
Now I'm 95% recovered. Thank God!

No comments: